"Connect, contribute, and inspire through food, people, and shared passion."
The Future Tom Kerridge Fears. (Why Career Plans Matter for Female Cooks.)
With surprising regularity I come across stuff that challenges my intelligence as a female chef. Recently it’s the by-now-infamous interview of British chef Tom Kerridge in which he suggests, among several other seriously offensive things, that a lack of testosterone impairs a female cooks’ ability to “dig deep and be put under pressure”, preventing them from leading kitchens. Several female chefs I know circulated the interview on social media with appropriate expressions of outrage attached. Chef Dominique Crenn penned the kind of response it deserved—smart and brief. But Kerridge really needs to hear from the Equality and Human Rights Commission and Labour Relations in the UK. He seems in desperate need of the kind of education only they can deliver. He also needs to hear from his male colleagues whose silence could otherwise be construed as alliance.Read more
Future forward developer with a blend of quality business and culinary skill
- Research and development for strategic brand and market expansion.
- Re-envisioning products or services for new or current market demand.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is success oriented, has a strong sense of initiative, is deadline oriented, and a creative problem solver.
Original and intelligent voice informed by substantial professional experience
- Balancing valuable professional knowledge with enough curiosity to be current and relevant.
- Engaging, enthusiastic voice with a capacity for building influential relationships in local, national and international culinary media.
Fifteen years experience building customer confidence
- Convey knowledge and design tools and strategies to increase use and exposure of products.
- “Outside the box” thinking and implementation to create unique learning opportunities.