"Connect, contribute, and inspire through food, people, and shared passion."
We met on Twitter, interest piqued by each other’s profiles, and conversed about our shared passions and interests in 140 characters or less. We eventually did brunch to determine if virtual admiration would lead to in-person friendship. It did, and we continue to meet regularly over coffee and something sweet.
Jodi‘s a professional editor; Deborah‘s a chef. We both like to write for public consumption, and we both read - a lot. We find the term "blogger" ill-fitting (the search is on for a bespoke identifier) and agree that there is an abundance of good food storytelling online - via narrative, recipes, and images - crafted by passionate amateurs like us. We’re publishing our favourite finds on the 1st and 15th of each month. Subscribe to either of our feeds to get our updates, and join in the hunt - leave a comment to tell us about your food-writing discoveries.
On the advent of the spring wild mushroom and ramp season, timely reminder of how to forage in the wild responsibly.
"…shedding winter for this time of year is still one of the most exciting things I know." We both share a love for Casa Yellow.
“The simple fact is that Chapel was doing things that were fundamentally different from all of his contemporaries. I believe he was operating at least ten years ahead of everyone else. And probably more.” A tribute to a man hailed as the “chef of chefs,” Alain Chapel.
This is irresistible. So many other applications.
Fuchsia Dunlop reminds us that though the world is our oyster, it might not always be so.We should each be grateful for our “kou fu”: the good fortune to happen upon delicious food.Read More
Future forward developer with a blend of quality business and culinary skill
- Research and development for strategic brand and market expansion.
- Re-envisioning products or services for new or current market demand.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is success oriented, has a strong sense of initiative, is deadline oriented, and a creative problem solver.
Original and intelligent voice informed by substantial professional experience
- Balancing valuable professional knowledge with enough curiosity to be current and relevant.
- Engaging, enthusiastic voice with a capacity for building influential relationships in local, national and international culinary media.
Fifteen years experience building customer confidence
- Convey knowledge and design tools and strategies to increase use and exposure of products.
- “Outside the box” thinking and implementation to create unique learning opportunities.